Skip the boring Monday morning cereal and instead surprise yourself with these easy to make “jam surprise muffins!” This delicious recipe comes from the cookbook called Kids In The Kitc
Skip the boring Monday morning cereal and instead surprise yourself with these easy to make “jam surprise muffins!” This delicious recipe comes from the cookbook called Kids In The Kitchen by Gooseberry Patch. This cookbook is one of my favorites because there are lots of pictures and its very organized and makes sense to a kid. I like this recipe because its both easy to make and great to eat, so lets get started!
Here is a list of the ingredients you’ll need;
2 cups of flour
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup butter softened
1 cup of milk
Non stick vegetable spray
½ cup of your favorite jam
Measuring cups & spoons
2 Mixing bowls
Paper liners (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in 1 of the two mixing bowls.
3. Blend in butter using a fork until mixture is crumbly. Form a well in the center.
4. Whisk together the egg and milk in the empty bowl, then pour into the well in the dry ingredients bowl.
5. Stir the mixture until ingredients are moistened. The batter should be lumpy.
6. Fill the paper liners about 1/3 full.
7. Spoon one tablespoon of jam on top of the batter in the paper liner. Then cover the jam with enough batter to make it 2/3 full. Repeat this will all the other muffins.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes and enjoy!
This make one dozen muffins and takes 30 minutes to make. Don’t put too much jelly in, or it will make a mess of the muffin tins. These muffins can be kind of bland so I like to add cinnamon. You could also add nuts for more flavor. (Adding cinnamon or nuts would go with step number 5). When they come out they don’t look pretty because the jelly spews out, but they taste great. I wouldn’t recommend these for any baking competition because the appearance wouldn’t score well, they are more of a for fun at home thing. These may not be the prettiest muffins ever, but then again looks aren’t everything.